Friday, March 18, 2016

Trade with Instagram Friend CaliBaseballPC - 2013 Bowman Chrome : Corey Seager Base Blue Wave Parallel


I needed help completing a project that was/is so close to completing that I reached out onto social media and asked if anyone had a spare blue wave of Corey Seager from the 2013 Bowman Chrome set. I need(ed) an orange (#/25) parallel and a non numbered version of this blue wave and even though I had seen countless copies of this card on eBay I just didn't want to pay for it. Me being cheap? Maybe, but I just felt why pay for something if I didn't have to if I could just trade for it which is exactly what I did.

I sent out a stock photo of the card on my IG feed and thankfully CaliBaseballPC saw my plea and contacted me stating he had a spare one that he could trade me. I asked what it would take in return for me to acquire the card and he asked about making it a trade/purchase type of transaction as he wanted a Kershaw autograph card. What luck as I had a spare one (was planning to send to BGS but now I can slot this card in its place) and he ended up paying me fair market value for the Kershaw minus the value of this card and sent this beauty a day later. Of course now I had unexpected funds so off to eBay I went to pick up a limited Trout card I had my eyes on. More on that tomorrow. I needed a Seager card for a project and I ended up with that AND a Trout for another mini 2 card project that is now complete. What luck.

Of course needing all my 2013 Seagers in BGS cases with at least a 9 attached to it I inspected this card and if centering can at least earn a 9 then I should be adding a gem mint to the collection as everything else checks out.

Thanks again to CaliBaseballPC for helping me out. Hopefully he loves his Kershaw card as much as I love my Seager one. Go Blue!!!

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment