Saturday, March 5, 2016

Card of the Day - 2011 Topps Heritage : Clayton Kershaw Base Black Chrome Refractor Parallel (21/62) PSA Graded Gem Mint 10


Trying to finish up this black chrome parallel Heritage set (6 cards) from the years that Kershaw has been featured in has been a pain in the ass to complete.

Other than the 2015 version that seems to repeatedly come up for sale all the other years are rarely seen in the aftermarket so when one pops up I turn my full attention to it. I was lucky enough to win 2 other years from 1 seller awhile back which meant I now had 3 in hand and 3 more to get. I had to change course to pick up this one but I think I came out alright in the transaction.


I go after BGS graded cards not PSA cards for my collection so when this popped up I had to decide how important it was to me to have this card. Yeah, its important. No hesitation on my part other than the very high price that the seller put on this card. The other kicker on this transaction is the seller was located in Taiwan. So I didn't know how long it would take to get to me as usually I don't care but I wanted this for the upcoming BGS event.

The auction already had a fair amount of watchers so I had to move quickly. I sent over an offer at almost 80% off his asking price. To my surprise it wasn't automatically rejected. Less than a hour later he declined but countered with an offer which was very close to my offer. I was shocked but instead of haggling him anymore I accepted and had the card in my hand about 2 weeks later.

What I am now going to do is submit it to BGS for a raw grade review on March 12th and see if they agree its in gem mint condition and award it with a 9.5 grade. If so I will get it transferred to a BGS case and out of this PSA case and that would make this transaction all the better. From what I have heard from other collectors, most of the time not all, if PSA says its a 10 BGS usually gives it a 9.5. I am hoping that is the case with my card here.


Twenty-One
of
Sixty-Two

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment