Tuesday, March 15, 2016

BGS RCR Recap Number 2 From March 12, 2016 - 2014 Topps : Clayton Kershaw Strata Autograph (13/25) Now BGS Mint 9.0


2014 Topps Strata Clayton Kershaw Autograph (13/25)

Now here is an interesting card. Once again I will be submitting a Strata card which I believe should earn a 9.5. I once had a Ken Griffey Jr. Strata which did earn a 9.5 like I expected it to but BGS stated that they could not slab it due to it being too thick. Of course you might have heard me bitch and moan about that for months as there are examples of BGS slabbing Stratas INCLUDING a similar Griffey card. WTH? I finally gave up and got rid of that Griffey for another Griffey but here I am again.

Fast recap on this card, it was on eBay for almost a year and the price finally dropped so far that I couldn't not pick it up hence why I acquired it. So I am trying my luck once again as when the card made it into my hands it looks to be in as good as shape as the Griffey aka gem mint 9.5. Hoping since a year has passed since that Griffey card issue that BGS has gotten their act together. Knocking on wood as I want to be able to store this bad boy easily.

2nd of 4 recaps and this falls under half disappointed, half expected but fully irritated. In the end it is still an on card Kershaw autograph and still beautiful.


While I expected all the cards to receive a 9.5 this is the 2nd one in a row that did not but considering it is a thick Strata card I knew that a 9 was a possibility and that is what it received. Even with that grade it still falls into my category of "all Kershaws autos must be at least 9's" to stay in the collection. With that said BGS still continues to irritate me with their label of "too thick to slab" as I have time and time again shown them that they have in fact slabbed these before yet continue to deny my submissions the same treatment. Sigh...

At the end of the day though I have another certified mint card of the best pitcher in baseball and there's nothing wrong with that.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment