Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps : Clayton Kershaw Base Black and White Negative Parallel


New trading card season means a whole new checklist of cards I want to acquire and even though this is not a numbered parallel it is a limited one which meant I wanted to acquire 1 of each of the my 3 current players I collect, Trout, Seager and Kershaw.

Back in my first foray into card collecting aka the nineties there was the Studio brand that had black and white photos but it was a niche product at best. I loved the look then and still do today. Thankfully Topps are including black and white (negative image if you will) parallels in current products.

At the time of acquisition there was no book on this particular card but once in hand Beckett released a price range and it was nowhere near what I "paid" for it. Even with that thankfully I waited it out a few weeks as the price right out the gate had this in the $60 range on eBay, No way no how but now that I have scored a deal I will be sending it to BGS just because.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment