Thursday, March 31, 2016

Card of the Day - 2011 Bowman Draft : Mike Trout Base Chrome Blue Refractor Parallel (169/199) BGS Graded Mint 9.0


The long wait is over. Since I started my off season goal of acquiring as many Mike Trout graded cards that I could get my hands on this blue refractor from Bowman Chrome has been 1 of 2 (the other being a red Topps Update card) that was on top of that list. Now to be fair there is actually another blue one I want to acquire which hails from the base Chrome set but if I could get either one I would consider it a good off season for me. Well I indeed picked one up but I had to do a little eBay hustle for it.


When it comes to the 2011 cards of Trout unless it is very limited, aka less than 100 print tun, I want/need all of them to be at least gem mint 9.5's so why did I pick this one up when it has a silver banner and not a gold one? Well the reasoning and explanation will be in tomorrow's post but till then here is a blue graded beauty of the best everyday player in baseball today. Bowman Chrome was my favorite brand when I left the hobby back in 2001/2002 and is still one of my favorites since I came back.


One Hundred and Sixty-Nine
of
One Hundred and Ninety-Nine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment