Friday, March 4, 2016

Trade with Fellow Blogger Judson of My Cardboard Habit - 2016 Topps Clayton Kershaw No-Hitter Relic AND 2015 Topps Update Mike Trout Base Snow Camo Parallel (95/99)


Technically this "trade" is not complete as of yet as Judson of My Cardboard Habit has not received a package from me. Why is that? Because Judson, out of the kindness of his heart, sent this 2016 Topps Clayton Kershaw card on the "promise" of something in return down the road which might happen tomorrow, next week or months in the future. He saw the card (among others) from a box he cracked open and took care of a couple Los Angeles bloggers as I saw my buddy Greg of Plaschke Thy Sweater is Argyle also scored some cards from Judson.

As a non Ranger fan I do not know what I will end up sending Judson as I don't have much that he would find worthy but I am sure we will work something out as we always do. Of course once Judson asked if I wanted the Kershaw card I had to inquire about another that I had tried to land for a month or so that he was trying to sell off.

  

Yup, another limited and numbered Mike Trout card for the collection which is also earmarked for grading as Beckett is coming back to town next week and I received this in hand in time to submit it. This is the snow camo parallel from the 2015 Topps Update set and while not overly valuable I think Judson and I are happy with the transaction. Card looks to have a little better than 50/50 chance of earning a gold banner as the corners look good. The only thing that might hold it down is centering is not perfect and coupled with this being a paper card I think this is either going to be a "weak" 9.5 or a "strong" 9.0. Come on weakness. Ha Ha.


Ninety-Five
of
Ninety-Nine

Thank you again to Judson for reaching out to me and completing this deal and hopefully it will get even better when the Trout card gets a great grade back from BGS.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment