Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Card of the Day - 2014 Allen Ginter : Sandy Koufax Base Mini Parallel Red Border Variant (24/33)


Of the 4 PC players that I hunt down Koufax is far and away the least represented in my overall collection. That is because I am only after numbered parallels and Sandy is just not in many modern sets that have the option so when I come across one I make sure I get my hands on it as long as it is had at a good deal.

I was searching for Ginter cards in general 1 day and came across this red parallel beauty of the Dodger great on a BIN for less than low book which sits at $25. Couldn't believe it as with a print run of just 33 they don't show up very often for sale. I still haven't found a copy of Kershaw or Trout from the same year so finding Koufax was nice. There was no best offer option but with such a nice low price I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger and a few days later it came in. I hoped it would be in gradable condition and I wasn't disappointed as to me it looks like a future gem mint card to me. Submitted to and waiting for an answer from BGS on what they think.


Twenty-Four
of
Thirty-Three

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

1 comment: