Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Card of the Day - 2012 SP : Chad Billingsley / Ethan Martin Dual Signatures

In between other auctions that I have locked myself into I continue to scour the bottom of the eBay "barrel" to see if I can come up with a good deal here or there. I nabbed one a couple weeks ago with this card.

With Chad on the shelf for the year while recovering from Tommy John surgery and Ethan moved on from the Dodgers last year in a trade and is still in the minors this card has little to no interest to most people. Perfect opportunity for me to try to acquire it for pocket change and indeed that is what I did. Auction had a starting bid of a penny and with the seller having another card I wanted I thought I could group them together. I didn't get carried away with my bid on this card as I didn't want to get stuck with this one at a higher price in case I lost the other one (which I did) so I put in a minimal bid in and even with that I won which was still a little surprising. The damage to me for the card was a mere $1.51. Or 75 and half cents per autograph. Not too shabby. Won't ever turn my nose up at a low cost like that for a card especially with two autographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment