Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Card(s) of the Day - 2013 Topps Heritage : Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw and Andre Ethier High Numbered Black Bordered SP

It's been awhile since I attempted to buy a card or two to complete my 2013 Topps Heritage set of the Dodgers but I potentially found a great deal on some of the SP's from the set if I could just secure them at a reasonable price.

I wanted to focus on the black bordered SP's and found these three being sold by a seller where the auction ended at 10:30 at night on a Tuesday. Not the optimal time in my opinion for a seller but from a buyer's prospective a potential edge if people are asleep. Seller had the shipping at $1.25 but free after the first purchase. The Kemp one ended first and there was already a bid and I could tell that the other bidder had the same idea as me as he was also on all three auctions. I put my bid in higher than I normally would so I could see where the other guy had set his ceiling. I won the card for $1.25 so I knew what his limit was and my assumption was right as I won the other two at the same price. So for a grand total of just $5 I won all three shipped to my house. Love these late night wins.


Kemp, Kershaw and Ethier Black Goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment