Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Signed Ball of the Day : Rick Honeycutt ( ROMLB Sweet Spot )

Rick was an average pitcher during his playing days but he did when a World Series ring with the Oakland A's back in 1989. He played for the Dodgers from 1983-1987 but his real claim to fame now is how he has handled the Dodger pitching staff for the past 7 years. I will admit that up until last year I was not a fan of his coaching but this year he has really helped mold a great staff. Yes, you need the talent to produce results but you do need a co-captain and Rick has been that man as we have had the best staff in baseball the whole year. Now hopefully that translates to the post season as we will need our pitching more than ever as our hitters are fending out injuries left and right.

Rick was the final autograph that I acquired this past Saturday at Dodger Stadium. He was on the field with what looked to be his grandson. He was showing this young man around the place and taking pitchers with people. Another fan and I were in the baseline section and were able to call Rick over to acquire his autograph. I haven't really searched out Rick's autograph before but with no other action going on at the time this was the perfect opportunity to finally get his autograph. Rick was cordial and nice as always. He signed a ROMLB for me but he smudged his name a tad. At least I had him sign a ball that already had a defect so I don't feel as bad. Thank you again Rick and great luck in the playoffs with our pitching staff.


Smudgy Rick.

No comments:

Post a Comment