Saturday, April 19, 2014

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps : Clayton Kershaw League Leaders ( card #294 ) Base Blue Parallel

With just a few days left before the Dodgers opened their season abroad I was down to one last card from my want/need list for the 2014 Topps set.

I had all the inserts handled, the base cards were all acquired via box breaks and the red and blue parallels were all acquired, except for one. Clayton Kershaw's blue parallel of the league leaders subset. Now I had one of the two already which was easily obtained but the this one for some reason was hard to find. I have seen a few on eBay for awhile and most times it was on BIN auctions and they wanted north of $3. I just did not want to pay that amount even though it was the last card that I needed.


Finally one day a seller had it up for sale at $2. Probably still 50 cents or more than I "wanted" to pay for it but I wanted to be done and pulled the trigger. With the season now in full swing I can just sit back and wait for new set releases and don't have to try to catch up with a past set since it is now complete. Woo Hoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment