Friday, April 11, 2014

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps : Yasiel Puig Manufactured Patch Insert

I can be a cheap bastard sometimes or I can look at it as being frugal or just smart with my card purchases. Probably a little bit a both but it has done me well in the past and has so once again with another Puig card. 

Book and eBay values for Puig cards can and are usually too pricey right out the gate so you have to be patient. This card, which could only be found in retail boxes, has a book value according to Beckett for $25. No way no how. Most eBay sales have been at least $10 and some approaching $15. Again, way too much for my taste. I was just going to wait this particular card out for the price I wanted to pay. 

After countless lost auctions the day finally came where for some reason there wasn't a lot of action on this card and I ended up the winner at pennies over $5. A fraction of book and another Puig card has been added to the collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment