Monday, April 14, 2014

Player Appearance Recap : Jerry Reuss @ El Teyepac Cafe On 4.13.2014

A nice clear Sunday with the Dodgers in first place. Why not go out and acquire some new autographs for the collection. It was a two-fer Sunday as there were two separate signings of former Dodgers just a few miles apart from each other. First up was Jerry Reuss at the El Teyepac Cafe.

The wife and I headed over to Cafe right of the 60 fwy and we arrived about 10 minutes prior to Jerry's scheduled appearance time. Mr. Reuss was right on time and started signing. Thankfully I paid well in advance and just had to talk to the promoter and acquire my autograph tickets along with the book and hop into the front of the line. The line wasn't overly long but it seems everytime an event is held here it just goes so slow. The game plan was to be in the front of the line and then head in for some lunch.

Since Jerry was and always has been personable it took about 10 minutes to get up to his table as he posed for pictures with adults and babies alike. I had wanted to purchase a photo for Jerry to sign but I did not like anything that was for sale so I went to my backup plan of him signing one of my team bats. Handed him the bat and informed him he could sign wherever he felt like above the blue line.


He signed as close as you could above the blue line.

With the bat done I handed him my copy of his book. As I have stated before I love to read former players books and get a little insight to their and the Dodgers careers. It's a short book with the page count of less than 300. Have to finish another book and then I will get into this one.


Personalizing the book with the promotional picture in the back.


I wanted to get a closer picture of the 1981 World Series Ring that he still wears.
Hopefully 2014 will bring one back to Los Angeles

With the book signed I hoped to get a picture with Jerry and he was more than willing to accommodate me. With Jerry being a tall person and with me crouching into the photo it made me look that much smaller. Ha Ha.


Jerry and I.

A smooth albeit slow signing done it was time to head into the Cafe for lunch until it was time to head down to Harry's Dugout for the second autograph of the day. 

Thank you to Jerry for coming out and chatting it up with the fans and taking the time with each one and not just signing and pushing them aside for the next person. 



Book cover


Now I want to know what's not in the book.
= )






No comments:

Post a Comment