Saturday, January 30, 2016

Card of the Day - 1963 Topps : Sandy Koufax Base BVG Graded Excellent 6.0


The time finally arrived for me to acquire my first graded vintage card of the legendary Dodger and Hall of Fame member Sandy freaking Koufax.

With my new collecting focus being on just Kershaw, Koufax, Trout, Corey Seager and vintage cards this particular one fit into 2 of those 5 categories. The 1963 Topps release is one of the best looking sets Topps ever released (in my opinion) and since this card is 8 years younger than Sandy's rookie year of 1955 that meant this card would be easier to acquire price wise. That said Koufax cards still command top dollar in the eBay world and this was no different.

Found this card on a BIN auction and after 2 days of a lot of haggling with the seller we were able to lock in a favorable price for the both of us and within a week I had my first vintage Koufax card and I couldn't be happier. Unlike most older Dodgers I will try to collect multiple cards of Koufax so hopefully this is the first of many of the Dodger great.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

1 comment:

  1. I've got a '63 Koufax myself. I agree, it's great to get those vintage Koufax cards. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete