Thursday, January 14, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps High Tek : Mike Trout Base Pyramids Parallel BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5 and eBay Bucks Quarterly Purchase Number One


It's that wonderful time of the year again aka eBay eBucks freebie "purchases". On top of that I get to add my Christmas gift cards to that total which makes it even bigger than the other 3 quarters of the year. What to "buy"? Decisions, decisions. Would I just pick up 1 really nice card which I do most quarters or would I try to pick up multiples? On top of that which player would I focus on or did I want multiple players in my haul? Well after much debate in mind and after looking on eBay to see what I could pick up for "free" I decided to make it a Mike Trout quarter. I thought I would only be able to score 1 real nice card but I ended up being able to pick up another on the lower end of the scale and this is that one.

Once I secured my other Mike Trout purchase (which see its own post tomorrow) I had $ 25 left over to snag another Trout card. I wanted to secure a colored parallels from Topps Chrome but what I saw didn't meet my standards so I looked for what I could get on the cheap when it came to some graded Trout cards. Almost all were higher than the $25 but this pyramids card which has a book value of $12-30 was on a traditional auction and with it being already graded I hope to snag it on the cheap.

I wouldn't normally go that high on this card as it is not a numbered parallel but with it still being limited I was drawn to it and at the end of the day I came out on top with no room to spare.


Another gem for the Trout collection

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment