Thursday, January 21, 2016

Card of the Day - 2011 Topps Update : Mike Trout Base Diamond Anniversary Parallel BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


For this year's off season I wanted to secure a few key Trout cards when the market would be softer before heating up once February/March rolls back around. I already picked up a pristine refractor from the 2011 Bowman Chrome release so now I turned my eyes over to the Topps Update release from the same year but even though I (still) want the base card I really wanted this diamond parallel but the trick was to secure it on a deal or not at all.

Unlike most current players Trout's card prices don't dive too much during the off season so it gets tricky trying to secure a deal. I have seen multiple copies of this card sell before on eBay but I wasn't ready to jump into the fray until now. This one popped up as a BIN auction but no best offer option was attached to it. eBay was running a promotion where you earned 4x eBay bucks than you normally would for a purchase but the BIN price was too high to my liking. I had funds in hand and wanted to add this to my collection so I contacted the seller via email and asked if he would lower it to a price that I was comfortable with. Didn't hear back from him till literally an hour was left in the eBay bucks promotion but thankfully he agreed to my offer and with that I sent over the necessary funds and at the same time earned an extra $20 to use when the current quarter ends.

Though this card is not numbered it is very desirable in the aftermarket and luckily I was able to lock one down at a bargain before it rises once again which I think it will during and after the 2016 season.


Sparkly and golden

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment