Friday, January 29, 2016

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps : Mike Trout Base Sabermetrics Variant BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


On one of my daily hunts for graded gems of Trout and his cards in general had me come across this variant. One that if you weren't looking for it you would think it was just the normal base card but it is not.

Topps made variants of some of the players in their 2014 release where their stats on the back of the card weren't the traditional ones (home runs, hits, et al) but the newer ones (OPS+, WAR, et al) that people use in assessing players nowadays. While unique it doesn't really mean all that much to the value of this card which books from a low of $8 to a high of $20. Unlike photo variations these stat variants don't excite me that much, unless I can score it at a deal.


This auction started with a 99 cent asking price and while I didn't focus too much on it I kept it on my watch list to see what it would go for or if I could snipe it at the end for a steal. I ended up the winner for the grand total of 6 dollar bills and 1 measly penny. That is less than what the cost is to grade a card. I couldn't pass up on that good of a deal for a variant of the best everyday player in baseball today.


Sabermetrics Stats

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment