Thursday, January 28, 2016

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman Draft : Corey Seager Base Chrome Blue Refractor Parallel (75/99) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


While my main rainbow project for Seager is coming along quite nicely for the base Bowman Chrome release from 2013 the Bowman Chrome Draft version is severely lacking but I am trying to fix that and this card's acquisition is a step in the right direction.

There are almost no differences between the Draft and base Bowman Chrome sets BUT this blue refractor parallel is an exception as the base version has a print run of 250 and the Draft one has a scant run of just 99. All the other colors have the same print run between the two sets so this makes this card the one outlier between the sets. I already have the base one in gem mint form and was hoping to add this one at some point.


I have been looking for a raw version of this card for well over a year and not one in a condition I was happy with has popped up anywhere. When this one showed up on the bay I quickly put all my attention on it as it might be a long while till I saw another one, raw or otherwise. With that mentality I gave myself a little more of a ceiling and thankfully I did as it took all of it and a bid at the very end of the auction to lock in this card. It was close but I finally got my hands on this elusive blue beauty.


Seventy-Five
of
Ninety-Nine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment