Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman Chrome : Clayton Kershaw Base Purple Refractor Parallel (46/199) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5



Look... another Kershaw parallel card and it's encased in a spiffy BGS case with a nice 9.5 grade attached to it. Always a good day when I can add another card like this one to the collection. 

I have been slowly moving my collecting habits to just Dodgers (autographs and limited parallels) and Hall of Fame member autographs but with at the same time I want most of my cards to now be in BGS cases (edit: now it's just 4 players and vintage Dodger cards). One, for possible resale purposes if I ever need to move one (hopefully not) and two for storage purposes. That said I am not going to just take all my cards that I plan to keep and send them to BGS for grading as that would be an enormous amount of $$$. Now if I see an already graded card I like on eBay for a minimal cost then I'll be all over it which is what happened with this purple power beauty. 


Purple gem

This card in raw for has a modest book value of $6 but probably could be found for $3-4 ish if you searched hard enough for it. I actually had it at one time but I included it in some trade with a fellow collector but when I saw this one pop up on eBay for a modest starting price of 99 cents I was hoping to pick it up once again. It being graded as such does not add much if any value to the card but when I secured it for less than a typical lunch goes for it made me very happy.

Another fine (re)addition to the Kershaw collection and this time I hope to never trade it out again.


Forty-Six
of
One Hundred and Ninety-Nine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment