Saturday, January 2, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps : Andre Ethier Base Framed Parallel (13/20)


Sometimes losing for months on end is a win in the end as I finally was able to get my hands on this very elusive card of Andre.

I had been trying to pick this up since Series 1 from Topps came out in the Spring of 2015. I was able to pick up higher demand players aka Trout, Kershaw, Puig with minimal problems and within reason price wise. Andre though did not fall into either of those categories. This books between $10-25. Every auction and I mean every auction (about 7) that I tried to win prior to this one I lost out on as the card went anywhere from $35 to $45. Really? What was the draw for Mr. Ethier? I had no idea then and I still have no idea today. With at least 7 copies sold on eBay and at least a handful I am sure that will stay in personal collections I assumed it might be a long while till I had a chance at another copy. Months did pass until one day this one popped up on eBay.

There it was, Ethier staring back at me on the screen once again with a starting asking price of 99 cents. I assumed after 7 days it would go for at least $30-35 which once again I wasn't gonna have any part of. Last day of the auction and the price sat at $3. Interesting to say the least so at the last moment I put in my bid at pennies over $15 with the expectation of me losing out once again. Well the end price was higher than the $3 I saw. What was it? A nice round total of $5. Are you kidding me? After multiple losses at over $35 I end up winning the card for a mere $5. Go figure. Card came in a week later and I see nothing wrong with it.

After months on the losing column I checked in on the winning side with a bullet with this bargain purchase.


Thirteen
of
Twenty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment