Monday, January 4, 2016

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps : Mike Trout Base Gatorade Bath/Celebration Photo Variation BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


An acquisition of a card that I have searched for at a bargain and that has taken almost 2 years to get is finally done and the "forced" patience has paid off as I indeed scored a deal.

When this photo variation of Trout first came out the prices were ridiculously high so I decided to wait the market out but unlike any other player I collect Trout's card prices don't plummet like others. What to do, what to do. While there have been multiple copies of this card in raw form over the years I rarely saw it in BGS graded form and when I did the sellers usually were asking too much. Not the case when this specific one came up for sale on eBay.

While the asking price for this one was high it wasn't as high as others and the seller also included a best offer option so I decided to try my luck and sent him a pretty low offer with the expectation he would reject it which he did a day later but he did counter. A couple days of going back and forth until we came to a price we were both comfortable with. A week later and after years of wanting this card it was finally in hand.


Gold banner for a golden player

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment