Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Finest : Mike Trout Base Gold Parallel (22/50) BGS Raw Graded Gem Mint 9.5


It is the baseball off season and now is the time to score deals on cards as collectors are focusing more on in season sports ala Hockey, Football and Basketball. I made it my goal this off season to acquire some Trout and Kershaw card that are either graded by BGS already or look to be a prime candidate condition wise to earn a 9.5 from BGS. This one falls in between those two categories and thanks again to an eBay seller mis-titling his auction I picked this up on a bargain.

This 2015 card is book valued from a low of $25 to a high of $60. Not the biggest fan of gold parallels but I wasn't going to turn a blind eye to a deal if I was presented one. The seller labeled this card as a 2014 which has a lower value book wise ($50 high) so I had that going for me. Also since it is "only" pre-graded as a gem mint some buyers shy away as it's an extra charge to get it sent in to get the full slab treatment. Thankfully I have many avenues for me get that process down on the cheap. The high for me would be an additional $7 which this card will be having done in the future.

For a Trout card there was the expected amount of bids but when I locked in the win with a cost of a little over what it books for on the low end (again, $25) I couldn't be more surprised as if you do an eBay search you will see the lowest raw one that sold was $28 and I only paid just a little more for a guaranteed gem mint copy. Also a further search reveals that his exact card sold in this form to the seller I acquired from and he paid more for it. Got to love off season bargain hunting.


Twenty-Two
of
Fifty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment