Saturday, January 16, 2016

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman Draft : Corey Seager Base Purple Ice Parallel (2/10) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


The card that is welcomed into my household by husband AND wife. Why you ask? Well for me its yet another limited and numbered parallel card of Corey Seager. For the wife its even simplier than that, its purple. = )

The wife loves purple and she has put her claim on any purple card that I have added to the collection. Corey actually is one of the few players she has met in person and thinks he is pretty nice "kid". I on the other hand love me some rainbow colored/graded cards/limited/parallel/Seager and this one fit all those categories and then some.

While most of my focus for my Seager rainbow project is Bowman Chrome based I always saw this one on eBay as a BIN auction with no best offer. It never sold and rolled over each month for another 30 days. The Bowman Draft rainbow is simpler as there are only 4 obtainable colors (there is a 5th, black, which is a 1 of 1 so I don't count that one) and this purple has the second lowest print run of 10. This is the only copy I have ever seen (graded or not) but I wasn't going to pull the trigger at his continuing asking price. That finally changed.

With my rearranging of my collection I had some extra funds to pick up other cards and this one was about to do another month roll over but as it did this time he lowered the price $25. Now I was really interested. eBay was doing another eBucks promotion but I wanted just a little more of a discount. I contacted the seller and asked if he would drop his price another $10 which he did within a few minutes of the email. I quickly clicked the BIN button and earned 4x as many eBucks and locked in yet another limited Seager gem mint card.

While I do love Bowman Chrome more this purple card does look better in person than on the computer screen. Of course now with this 1 in hand I have to hunt down the other 3 colors. Damn, another project. Ha Ha.


Gem mint with a dash of 10


Two
of
Ten

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment