Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Card of the Day - 2011 Bowman Chrome : Mike Trout Base Refractor Parallel BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


This off season I made it a goal to round up as many "bargain" deals on eBay and other sites for Mike Trout cards in general and graded ones specifically. This one in my eyes became the best of the batch so far and it happened to be on a traditional eBay auction,

While I already picked up a pristine refractor copy of the draft version from the same year I still needed a copy from the base set which is still considered the more desirable one to have. With the pristine draft in hand I didn't need to have the base to have that grade as well but it did have to be a gem mint 9.5. No exceptions on that front. Most times when this card comes up for sale it is on a BIN auction with a price north of $225 and I would have none of that. So when this one popped up on the bay for a starting price of $9.99 with no reserve I zeroed in on it and hoped for the best.

I was armed with enough funds from my non core 4 liquidation auctions that I had a soft ceiling that I thought was reasonable for this card. I looked at recent past completed sales of this card and while they were lower than $225 it was still closer to $200 than $100 so when I landed/won it for barely above book I was giddy. Another gem mint Trout for the collection. With the 2 base refractors out of the way I can now concentrate on the non refractors from both sets which are much cheaper. Might even make it around to the purple refractor if all plays out right. I'm sure the wife will claim that one immediately considering the color. Ha Ha


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment