Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Allen Ginter : Mike Trout Base Mini Parallel EXT Variant


I finally was able to pick up one of the harder Trout cards to get but one that is not overly pricey as it is not numbered nor has a sparkly colored border. This is the EXT variant mini that can only be found in rip cards from the Allen Ginter brand. If you don't know what those are they are cards with player(s) on the outside and you have to choose to open (rip) the card open to see what other card is contained within it. You could get a limited (#/3) metal card, a 1 of 1 card, maybe even a red ink autograph or lastly another mini version of a player like this Trout. What also makes these somewhat rare is that not all rip cards are ripped so only so many of these make it to the open market.

This EXT has been on my want list for quite some time but prices were never low enough for my tastes until this one popped up and that is after I almost acquired a different one at a higher price. The day before this one showed up on eBay another copy of this card was made available on eBay with a decent enough BIN price but I had to wait till my comic book auctions to end so I could use those funds. A day past and funds were in hand but before I purchased that other card I did a search on eBay and this one popped up on a BIN for $10 less than the other. Quickly snatched this one up and had it in hand days later. Condition looks very good and I think it has a better than not chance of earning a 9.5 from BGS. We shall see, yes we shall.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment