Sunday, January 24, 2016

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps : Clayton Kershaw Base Throwing Variant BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


I had acquired this card in raw form back in 2014 but then I ended it up selling it in a group sale of base Kershaws that I didn't "need" anymore but now that I am back into acquiring numbered, limited or variants of Kershaw (and Trout for that matter) I was back in the market for this card.

This is variant of the base card from the Topps set but even though its more "rare" than its base counterpart the book value is only moderately higher with a low of $6 and a high of $15. I was planning to pick this up in raw form once again with my price ceiling being somewhere in the $3-5 price range considering it is a year old and its the off season. I starting looking for it on the bay and came across this copy and thought what the hell, might as well try if I could snag it for cheap. It being graded probably adds zero value to the card as its not one for investment purposes. That said I'd pay a couple more dollars for it if it meant I could store it away easier. I didn't even have to that as the final cost was a mere $3.25 which was within my personal price range for it in raw form. Nice little eBay steal for ole Penguin.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment