Sunday, January 10, 2016

Card of the Day - 2007 Allen and Ginter : Miguel Cabrera Mini Frame Autograph (#/100) BGS Graded Mint 9.0


A partial thank you has to go out to Matthew of Bob Walk The Plank fame as I looked for a card like this the day after he commented on my other autograph post of Miguel Cabrera and stated he hasn't been able to lock in one of Miguel in a Tiger's uniform but did have one of him in a Marlins uni. Hmm.... Yup, yet another mini project but one that thankfully only took one auction and one bid to finish.

I decided awhile ago to try to pick up some more Cabrera autographs but Matthew (great name by the way) got me to thinking I wanted one of him in the only other uniform he has worn which meant I had to look for an older card. The hunt was on but it only took about 5 minutes to zero in on this and I expected to acquire it at a deal and that is what I did.

Using my "proven" theory that a lot of buyers steer clear of non gem mint BGS I didn't expect too much a hassle on this card's auction. It was perfect for me I thought. It has Miguel in Marlin colors, it was in BGS case and graded mint which was fine by me, it's from Allen Ginter which is a brand I adore and it has an announced print run of just 100 though it is not numbered stating that fact. Once again armed with some eBay sales I looked to pick this up at no money out of pocket and with a low book value of $75 I was highly surprised I won it for more than 30% off of that. Man do I love deals on future Hall of Fame members. My second Cabrera autograph and first and probably only one of him in a Marlin uniform is welcomed into my collection with open arms. Thank you again to Matthew for "turning" on the idea light bulb in my head to pursue this.


Solid nine with a print run of only 100

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment