Sunday, January 17, 2016

Card of the Day - 2014/15 SP Authentic : Jari Kurri Base Autograph


It has been awhile since I have acquired a Hockey card for the collection. Now I have posted about other Hockey cards in the past couple of months but those posts had been in the que for countless months as I waited till Hockey season rolled around to go live with them. This Kurri card though is brand spiffy new to the collection.

Unlike my new 4 player only focus in baseball I am still collecting multiple players in Hockey but they have to have played for the Los Angeles Kings AND the card I acquire has to have them in a Kings sweater. Unlike the baseball players though I am 1 and done when it comes to the Hockey autographs.

Jari was a great player that spent some very good seasons with the Kings and has been on my want list for awhile. One day when I went looking for former Kings autographs I came across this Jari card on a traditional eBay auction and considering most Hockey autographs can be had on the cheap I didn't expect too much hassle on acquiring this card. 2 bids later I won it for pennies over $5. Not too shabby. Wish star Baseball autographs were this simple and cheap.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment