Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Card of the Day - 2011 Topps Triple Threads : Clayton Kershaw Base Autograph (82/99) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


That's right, another Kershaw autograph for the collection. Right place, right time as I had just sold a couple of cards in my collection refocus sell off that I was/am doing at the time this card became available. Also looking for graded cards of this Dodger great and this one fit the bill to a "T".

While I don't actively pursue relic cards anymore I will try to acquire them if an on card autograph is attached to which is what this card is. Though this relic is a plain white version I like how "LA" and "22" are shown on top of it. A nice touch.


Gold is beautiful

When I acquired this card it was officially off season and Kershaw recently "lost" the CY Young award so I didn't expect as much of a bidding war for this card and even with 18 bids the cost was still low when compared to what it probably would have gone for if it was in season or if Kershaw would have secured his 4th CY Young award. I gave myself a little more of a ceiling price wise considering my other card sales but in the end it wasn't necessary as I won this card for what I thought was cheap considering it books for a low of $50 and a high of $100 and I was closer to the lower end than the high and it has already been certified as gem mint 9.5 which makes it even more of a bargain in my eyes.

My new goal, which will probably take at least 10 years considering how picky I am on autographs and cards, is to have 100 Kershaw autographs in my collection. I haven't done a recent count but with this card now in the fold I am nearing 30 I believe. A long way to go for me but a fun journey it will be I'm sure.


Eighty-Two
of
Ninety-Nine


Perfect ten on auto

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment