Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Card of the Day - 2012 Upper Deck SP Signature Edition : Chad Billingsley Autograph

When it comes to the autograph part of my collection no year is left out and even though this is not from 2013, my re-entry year into the hobby, I am not going to pass up any good deal to get an autograph from a Dodger even if I already have his autograph on something.

I already have Chad's John Hancock on multiple items and I still believe he is one of the most underrated and under appreciated pitchers on our team. When he was on last year he was dominant and hopefully after his surgery he can come back next year and be a good middle of the rotation option.

Perusing eBay which is the norm and came across this card and the seller had it at a buy it now of just $5 but also had a best offer option. Never hurts to see if I can get a lower price and considering Chad is on the shelf for a year there is minimal demand for his cards. Sent an offer of $3 which he countered and in the end we agreed on just $3.50 delivered for the card. In my eyes that is a decent buy. I didn't look up the book value of the card but when ever I can get an authentic card for under $5 I don't blink. Get well soon Chad.

No comments:

Post a Comment