Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps : Sandy Koufax Manufactured "Silk" Rookie Reprint

There is never anything wrong with acquiring Koufax cards and this one is no different other than the way it was made and looks.

This card is part of the rookie commemorative card insert set in this year's Topps set. Though it was a Dodger and Koufax the card was not a top priority on acquiring but if the right price came around I would not stop from buying it. The card is not made like typical cards as it is a reprint picture of his 1955 rookie card on some silk like fabric on a thick plastic bordered card. Tad odd looking but unique and cool in it's own right.

Again book has this card's value at a high of $25 and I was never going to spend that much for it so it came down to finding that low ball auction I could jump on. I bid on a few auctions and never got close to winning as each one went for double digits. Finally found this auction ending on a Friday night which I think helps as people usually are not looking at that time and I ended up winning it for a mere $8. A nice pick up at a low amount of a Dodger great.



No comments:

Post a Comment