Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Museum : Duke Snider Blue Bordered Variant ( 42 / 99 )

Still trying to complete my blue bordered variant set from this year's Museum edition and have been able to only get Koufax so far. That is up until this past week when I scored this little gem.

Duke Snider was our best center fielder in the organization til Matt Kemp came along and will always be loved in Brooklyn. A class act all around. It is unfortunate that I never got to meet the man before he passed away.

These blue cards are numbered out of only 99 so there are only so many chances I get to buy it one. Even with Duke's star power he is probably the least desired of the Dodger bunch within the set. Wasn't going to stop me from acquiring my copy and probably made it easier to get as the demand was lower. Had my eye on a few auctions and this one seller had his auction starting at just 1 penny. With less than 10 minutes left no one had bidded on the item so I put my bid in and won the card. At just one cent. Ha Ha. Never won an auction at that price. Granted the shipping was a $1.50 but even with that I received a low numbered card for under $3. You just can't beat that.


42 of only 99.

No comments:

Post a Comment