Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Museum : Maury Wills Autograph ( 172 / 399 )

Go, Go , Go . . .

That chant for Maury Wills back in the day when he was a base stealing threat every time he came up to the plate. I have met Maury a few times and back in the day even helped him sell him a Ford when he came into my old workplace. That was in the 90's before I even collected cards, balls, etc so I didn't even get an autograph at that time. He was nice then and he has been cordial every time I have seen him since.

This year's Museum set has a few autographs that I would love to have and was lucky enough to add this one for such a low price. When the set first came out most of these were going for over $10 and while not terrible I wasn't in any hurry to get my copy at that price. I sat on the sidelines and waiting for the right price to come around and when it did I made my move. In the end I was able to acquire this card for just $6. I love when you can get autographs at such a bargain price.


Nice, crisp blue auto of a Dodger Legend. 172 / 399


No comments:

Post a Comment