Saturday, June 1, 2013

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman : Hyun-Jin Ryu Mini Refractor Insert

So in a previous post I picked up the blue wave variant of this card for a total of just $4 which I have now found out that book value is a high of $20. More of a good deal now. As I wanted the regular and blue variant I was also still on the look out for this one and the same day I won the blue one I won this one. Problem was is that I actually spent more initially for the non rare one. I paid a tad over $5 for it. Even though that is the book value I felt I made a bad purchase or at the very least not a very good bang for my buck one.

But sometimes weird things happen on the way to the doorstep. The card was held up at the Post Office for payment due. Really? I paid why are you asking for more? Went down to pick it up and the problem was that the seller didn't have it in the right size mailer and the Post Office sent it Priority which tacked on another $5. Got in contact with the seller and I paid the extra $5. The seller stated they were having problems with a lot of card auctions and in kindness not only reimbursed me the extra $5 I had to spend but $3 more for my troubles. So in the end I only spent $2 for the card and now I consider it a good deal. Either way I now have both version's of Ryu's mini refractors. Woo Hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment