Monday, November 4, 2013

Signed Ball of the Day : Wes Parker ( ROMLB Sweet Spot )

Wes was never the most prominent player on the Dodgers nor did he put up the biggest statistics as at the end of his career he amassed a good if not an eye popping total of a little over 1000 hits. His value to the club was his gold glove as he won that award 6 out of the 9 years he was on the team. What he didn't bring to the plate he doubled down with on the field and he was highly successful at it. He played his entire MLB career with the Dodgers and was lucky enough to play in 2 World Series with them winning one of them in 1965.

Wes made an appearance at Frank in Sons back in 2011 and as I had missed him a few times prior I made sure I didn't this time. Back in 2011 the Dodgers were in disarray and the public demand for their time and autographs was at a low point. So I assumed for a past non superstar player there would be minimal people for the signing and I was right. Didn't pre purchase a ticket and when I arrived I knew I didn't have to as there was hardly anybody there for Wes. Bought my ticket and jumped in line behind a few people and soon I was in front of Wes. Asked him to sign on the sweet spot which he gladly did. Not too talkative but he was pleasant with me and fellow attendees. Said my thanks and left. Glad to finally add this autograph to my collection.




No comments:

Post a Comment