Monday, November 18, 2013

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman Platinum : Matt Magill Autograph Blue Variant ( 155 / 199 )

Back again to my rainbow collection of this year's Platinum edition of Matt Magill. I already acquired the green version as seen HERE for $2.25 and that has a print run of 399. I'm still on the lookout for the regular version when I came across this blue version. With a print run of 199 which makes it twice as "hard" to acquire I assumed I would have to pay a little more especially since every other one has closed for at least $5 with a high of $10.50. No way was I going to pay $10 plus but realized I would probably have to accept something in the $5 range.

The seller had the auction start at 99 cents so I put it on my watch list and waited until the final day and when it arrived there was not a single bid yet on the card. Minutes ticked down and with 10 seconds left still no action. Put my bid in for a tad over $4 to see if I could snag it at a low ball price. Mission accomplished as I was the only bidder and I won the card for the scant price of 99 cents and with shipping it was just a little under $3 delivered to me. I know he isn't the best pitcher in the system but I didn't think I would score a card from a new product with that low of a print run for pennies. I picked the right card on the right day to purchase. Blue and green checked off the list and now to find the others.


Just love blue variants. This one is 155 of 199.

No comments:

Post a Comment