Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Card of the Day - 2008 SP : Matt Kemp By The Letter " S " ( 24 / 25 ) Autograph

Back to letter buying for the Matt Kemp SP project and I got one step closer to probably the most important part of it. The letter "S".

As stated in the previous "S" post there are only 25 of them in existence and needing 3 of them to complete the Matt Kemp phrase that means only 3 people in the world can have a complete set. Well I am almost one of those three as I have 2 of them in my possession while diligently looking for that last one.

The seller had this card up for sale with a starting bid of 99 cents and knew I was going to be in a dog fight for it and was determined to win it as I don't know how many more times I will see a "S" up on eBay for purchase. Only 6 bids in total but the amounts jumped in dollars not cents and with a minute left the high bid sat at $15 or so. Seconds left and I put my bid in and won it for a little over $19 delivered. About 30% less than book. That is now 2 "S's" down with 1 left to get. There are only 23 left in the world and I must have it and somehow I will obtain it without overspending. Until then I have the win "S's" to hold me over.


24 of 25. 2 down 1 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment