Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Tribute : Adrian Gonzalez Autograph ( 56 / 99 )

Ocho

That is a great number in any language when you can acquire an on card autograph of a star player in a current year's set and that's just what I did with this card. I only have one autographed card of Adrian seen HERE and that has a sticker autograph so I have been on the constant lookout for an on card version of Adrian and after countless lost auctions I finally was able to get my paws on one.

This card books for $25 and have seen it close for as high as $20 and even have seen it at Frank and Sons for close to that but I didn't want to spend that much. Yet again I saw another copy of this card up for bid and surprisingly there was minimal action on it up until the final day and still there were only 2 bids on it to bring the total up to $3. Don't know why that is but I held out hope to win it and with my bid at the last minute I won it for a measly eight dollars. That is a great buy. People missed the boat on it and I was lucky enough to pick it up. I was worried that it would come in damaged or something else would be wrong with it but it is in great condition and I couldn't be happier. A great addition to my collection.


56 of 99

No comments:

Post a Comment