Monday, November 25, 2013

Card(s) of the Day - 2008 SP : Matt Kemp By The Letter " S " ( 8 / 25 ) and " G " ( 9 / 50 ) Autographs

Give me a S.
Give me a G.
What's that spell?
Nothing much yet but the project moves forward with two new additions.

The two cards I was able to pick up were the letters S and G from the SP By the Letter insert set from 2008. As stated when you collect all the letters it will spell out :

MATT KEMP LOS ANGELES DODGERS
Once again, this is going to be a long project. I picked up the P already awhile back and now I have picked up a S and the G. Thankfully I don't need anymore G's but on the S front I need a total of 3 to complete the set. A major hurdle to overcome as the print run of the S's are only 25 and I need 3 of them. I know I am not the only one in the world that wants to complete this set and with that said that means it is only possible for 3 people in the world to have the complete set. The ultimate Matt Kemp project in my collection that I hope it sees the light of day of completion.
A seller had these two and one other letter up for sale and I missed out on the first one but I was able to obtain these two. So with that I have 3 letters of the 25 needed to finish this. A long burn just got a tad shorter.

S is 8 of 25 with G being 9 of 50

No comments:

Post a Comment