Monday, October 12, 2015

Card of the Day - 2012 Bowman Sterling : Corey Seager Base Autograph Gold Refractor Parallel (32/50) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


The pile of Seager autographs in my collection continues to grow with yet another addition and a graded one to boot.

I am convinced that Seager will at least be a call up in September (time of this write was a couple months ago so we all know now how good he has been) but there is a chance it might be sooner if the Dodger offense continues to sputter. His cards have been and continue to be on fire on the eBay market and the aftermarket in general and while deals are getting harder and harder to come by I have been able to grab another with this acquisition.

I already have a couple of the base autographs and 1 refractor of this same card but I wanted a gold one as my final piece from the set as I can never see me picking up the black version (25 copies) or the purple (10 copies) in the future due to the high price already attached to them and the assumption all they will do is go up when he performs well in the bigs.


Another minty Seager

There was another gem mint copy of this card on eBay as a BIN auction with a best offer attached to it and after 1 offer that the seller declined and with no counter I decided to move on. This one popped up a day or so later with a higher BIN price but like the other he attached a best offer option. I sent over almost (a little lower) the exact same offer as the other one that was declined but this seller didn't even bother to counter as he accepted it within a couple hours after submission.

I am not a real fan of gold parallels but this deal was too good to pass up gold or not. Thanks go out again to the 1st eBay seller for declining my offer as I wouldn't have scored as good of a deal on this one if he accepted my offer. The Penguin struck gold.


32
of
50

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment