Saturday, October 10, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Chrome : Julio Urias Base Silver Wave Refractor Parallel (5/25) BGS Graded Mint 9.0


I had already acquired the Bowman Draft version of this card but I obviously still needed the main Bowman Chrome version as that is the completest in me at work and I need the full rainbow and not just a partial one. Once again though with only 25 copies of this parallel I would only have so many chances to pick one up.

Unlike my recent green wave acquisition of Urias this card is far from a gem mint grade so I hoped that would work in my favor as it's "just" a mint card and not a strong one at that. Even with that thinking this version and not the draft version usually has more demand so I didn't know what kind of eBay fight I was going to be in for. A tad surprisingly as there wasn't much action on this particular card as by the auction's end there were only 7 bids but the most important one was mine which held on and I was declared the winner once again.

There were two silver waves to acquire for my collection and now I can check that color off my list as I now have both of them. I might really be able to get this rainbow collection as I see the light at the end of the tunnel.


Silver wave with silver banner is a nice combo


Five of Twenty Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment