Friday, October 16, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Inception : Julio Urias "Inceptioned" Autograph (#/35)


Another example of a forgotten pursuit of card being finally acquired due to the fact that I saw something similar online while I was doing a search for something that was totally unrelated to this card.

When 2014 Bowman Inception came out last year this cad was on my want list as it is only numbered to 35 which makes it one of the more limited autographs of the future Dodger pitcher. I am always looking to add more Urias autographs to my collection and I wanted to call one of these my own but they were price prohibitive out the gate. I saw a few sell which meant less and less would be available so I turned my attention to other cards. Months later I came across another auction that reminded me of this card and I wondered if there were anymore out there to be had. There was one and this was it.

This card (to be redeemed) was on a BIN auction but for me was still too much for my liking. Beckett has this valued at a high of $150 and a low of $60. Even though the seller had an asking price of just a little more than half of book I just put it on my watch list and sat on the sidelines to see what would happen. I was 1 of 7 watchers when I found this card.

I received 2 emails one morning when I woke. One informing that this card's asking price had dropped and was now in my ballpark price and I was now ready to acquire it but two that eBay was running an eBay bucks promotion that was to start at 8 in the morning. That was still a hour and half away. So do I buy it now at the lower price or hold out till the program started so I could earn more bucks for future purchases? I waited it out and thankfully it was still there at 8 and I promptly purchased the card and had it in hand a few days later. Code has been redeemed and now I wait for my next Urias autograph.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

2 comments:

  1. I have had good luck with Inception cards. Always provide a nice alternative to expensive Chrome cards. Glad you found a deal on the Urias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how this is an "inceptioned" card of a regular Bowman card. So its in the design of Bowman not Inception. Hopefully it makes it to me in great condition

      Delete