Sunday, October 11, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps Five Star : Josh Donaldson Base Autograph (335/399)


A new name to the collection makes his 1st appearance here as I have never been on the look out for Josh's autograph prior to now but with what he is doing in Toronto this year I had to secure me a copy at some point. That time is now.

Josh is having a MVP caliber type of year north of the border and I kept seeing him in highlights every night and heard his name on the talk shows so I wanted to have an autograph of his in my collection. At the time of this purchase I had not found him on a card which depicted him in a Toronto uniform so I went back in time to last year with him in Oakland colors. With Josh not being the biggest name costs were highly reasonable and with there being 399 copies of this Five Star card there were plenty to choose from.

Since I was in no hurry I bid my time till I found the right auction and this was the one with the starting bid of 99 cents and the winning amount of just $5.50 I consider it a win for me. Nice and cheap autograph of a player I will only have one of is just the best.


335
of
399

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment