Thursday, October 8, 2015

Recap of the 8 Cards Submitted to Beckett For Raw Grade Review at South Bay Sportscards on October 3rd, 2015

As seen HERE I went to the South Bay Sportscards shop this past Saturday and did two transactions. Yesterday I showed off the cards I dropped off for full submission without a raw grade review. Two days ago though I showed off 8 already graded cards that I was looking for a bump in grade from a mint 9 to a gem mint 9.5. I have done this twice before and both times I came back empty handed. This will/would be my last time if I didn't get something positive back.

Like I stated in the original post I decided to keep the cards in their BGS cases instead of cracking them out. Hoping the change of submission procedure would give me a change of luck. Well here are the results of the cards.


I had one non Dodger in the batch in the form of this McCutchen auto. Hoping to turn my one and only autograph in my collection of this former MVP into a gem mint. BGS said no gold banner for me. Next


I also had one in the batch of future Dodgers pitcher Mr. Julio Urias. Getting this to turn into a 9.5 would have made my rainbow project of his look better but BGS once again said be happy with what I had. No bump.


I hate the color orange BUT this is a limited parallel of future All Star Corey Seager and this was a steal of deal when I acquired the card and an orange card would look much better pared with a gold banner than it does with a silver one. Nope, didn't happen.


Now I hoped for some love towards my Kershaw autographs....uh....denied


How about this one? Nope, try again.


Alright Beckett how about instead of getting a bump to 9.5 you change that autograph grade from an undeserved 9 to a needed 10? Sigh, rejected once again.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Well, well, well, what do we have here? Why that looks like a re grade package to me. Generally in life you do not like to see red but when it comes to Beckett you want to see red when you submit a card looking for a bump. Woo Hoo. I finally got one to change to a higher grade as centering was changed from a 9 to a 9.5 for this lovely....


KERSHAW autograph. It's always a good day when you get a gold banner autograph of this multi Cy Young winner. While this doesn't add all that much to resale value currently as that doesn't really matter since I have no intention of parting with a member of my Kershaw collection. Down the road though aka closer to the end of his career it does add a nice dollar bump.

.
.
.
.
.
.


Not one but TWO red sealed cards did I get back from BGS. While the Kershaw one in the long run probably won't see much movement price wise as it's not overly limited and not a rookie card this one could see a bright future for years to come...


A gold Seager parallel that will now get rid of that color coordinated challenged silver banner for a spiffy gold one. Though this card was high on my list of ones I wanted to acquire the bump my expectation was tempered due to the fact that Inception cards have a history of quality issues. I needed either the corners or edges to "improve" in the regrade. Corners stayed the same but the edges received that wanted bump and I know have another gem mint autograph of Corey.

I sent in 8 cards and "only" 2 came back with improved grades. That is a 25% clip but considering I have been batting .000 in all my previous regrades I will take this 2 and be very happy with my results. Yes, I would have loved at least half (4) to get a bump but 2 is better than none. These are on their way to Dallas to get fitted for their new case and will be back in my grubby little hands in a little over a month. Can't wait.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment