Saturday, October 3, 2015

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman Inception : Corey Seager Base Autograph Gold Parallel (66/99) BGS Graded Mint 9.0


My obsession with mint/gem mint BGS cards has struck again as I went and sold a card and reacquired another copy of the same color just so I would have a BGS 9 in my collection instead of an irritating BGS 8.5.

I acquired a raw version of this card and had submitted it to BGS for grading with the hope of it earning a mint 9 at the very least. It was basically a pipe dream of it earning a gem mint grade but when it came back as an 8.5 I was highly disappointed. You can read that recap HERE . Well I wasn't going to add an 8.5 to my collection but at the same time those are harder to sell online so when I saw this mint 9 I cracked open my 8.5 and sold it raw on eBay.

The seller for this card had it on a buy it now auction with a best offer option so once my raw copy was sold and funds were in hand I sent over an offer of more than 45% of his asking price. Didn't expect him to accept but he did counter with on offer of only a few bucks over my offer. I could have countered but I felt that would be pinching pennies and some sellers take offense to that if they already came down far off their original asking price. I accepted and had this mint baby in hand a few days later.



66 of 99
Only .5 from a gem mint grade

Some people think this is way too much hassle just to get a 9 instead of the 8.5 I already have but I am neurotic like that and I enjoy the hustle. So for only a few dollars out of pocket (difference between the sale of the raw card and the accepted offer of this one) I now have a mint 9 instead of an 8.5 and with this card only being half a point from a gem mint grade I might just see if I can get that bump. In my eyes a nice swap.


Auto 10

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment