Saturday, October 24, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman : Jose Abreu Oversized Purple Ice Autograph (13/25) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


Card serialized number 13 is in my collection now and I count myself lucky as I picked this up on a slow day on the bay and thankfully I did as there are only 25 copies so there are only so many chances to big up this "big" card.

This is now my 3rd oversized autographed Bowman card and the highest valued one Beckett book wise. The above picture is being "coined" to show the actual size compared to a traditional sized baseball card and sometimes bigger is better as I love these cards.

When I acquired the Urias version of this card I thought I was done acquiring these big cards but once in hand I had to have them all. With 10 in the set it was a reasonably small project but it being limited to 25 makes it a tad harder to get as they don't show up for sale much. This Jose card is the biggest of the batch so it was a priority right off the bat and thankfully since it is the most popular one more than one copy was available at any given time on eBay. Problem was though I want all these purple cards to be graded for easier storage which meant they cost a little more on the auctions. Thankfully when I zeroed in on this one there was 2 to choose from so I hoped that I could snake this one while others put their attention on the other one. That was the plan and that is what happened to a point.


Quad 9.5's makes it a strong gem mint

The card was on a traditional auction and I expected I would be in some type of small bidding war and to an extent I was as there were 13 bids in total but only 3 people bidding. With literally my last second bid I came out on top and secured this bad boy. This now sits nicely next to my gem mint Urias. 3 down and 7 to go.


10 autograph

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment