Sunday, October 4, 2015

Card of the Day - 2012 Allen and Ginter : Clayton Kershaw Mini Frame Autograph BGS Graded Mint 9.0


... and my craziness strikes again with my acquisition of this card which I already had in graded form. Of course that last one was not up to par in my eyes hence why this one is now in my collection and the other one is not.

I am a stickler (ultra picky) when it comes to graded cards as in my eyes they have to be at the very least mint 9's and when it comes to a limited number aka less than 50 I expect them to be gem mint 9.5's (obvious exceptions can and will be made). Well I bought a copy of this card last year and submitted it to BGS and it came back as a NEAR MINT 8.5. Ugh. It had 3 subs of 9.5 but they said centering was an 8. My Kershaws must be mints at the very least (no exceptions). You can read more about that HERE if you like. Of course that card was unacceptable to me so I waited till a graded mint 9 like this one popped up on eBay to hatch my plan of attack.

8.5's are not good sellers on eBay so I cracked open the one that I had and it promptly sold for a tad over $60 which is what I expected and needed. Most, not all, people need to have their cards in gem mint form so when a regular ole mint pops up on the bay there usually is less traffic for it and I used that to my advantage as I did here. I didn't expect much trouble for it and when all was said and done I ended up winning this for $65.

So in my eyes I did a little eBay hustle and ended up getting my Kershaw 9 that I wanted for $5 out of pocket. Some might think that is too much hassle and overly picky but it makes me happy so it's all good.


Finally got my mint 9

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment