Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Chrome : Julio Urias Base Refractor Parallel (337/500) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


When thinking about rainbows I am sure you think what I think, colors. Well as most of you know I am doing the rainbow for Julio's cards in the 2014 Bowman Chrome brand but I don't really consider the base nor the base refractor cards as part of the rainbow, but when I can get a great deal on a card that is already graded gem mint I can't pass it up.

This card in raw form books at $12 and I already have a couple that I call my own as I got them on a group break last year but I never had any intention to send them out to BGS for grading as the book value is so low and it would be cost prohibitive with the price of grading.

When this popped up on eBay with a starting bid of just 99 cents I put it on my watch list just to see how much it would go for. As the last day approached the price was still in the single digits and on the last day it had barely crossed the $10 mark. Last hour and the price had not changed so I decided to put in a token bid and surprisingly enough I had the high bid with room to spare. More surprisingly was that a hour later I had won it with my one and only bid which wasn't much more than the raw price of this card.

Didn't expect to but now I feel I have to find the base one in a gem mint form to get a complete "rainbow" of Urias.


9.5's everywhere I look


337/500

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment