Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Trade with Fellow Blogger : Andrew of Everyday Holliday (2014 Topps Finest Lou Brock Base Autograph X-Fractor Parallel 142/149 BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5 and 2009 Topps 206 Clayton Kershaw Mini Frame Autograph)


I recently finished up a trade with a new trading partner. It's always nice to start up new internet "relationships" and it looks like I "found" another trustworthy person.

Andrew of Everyday Holliday , who I became blogger and Instagram followers due to the fact that we have a mutual friend in the form of Frankie, posted this Lou Brock gem on his IG feed as he was looking to move it. This card actually was originally Frankie's but he traded it to Andrew sometime ago but since I have always wanted to add a Brock autograph to my collection I was interested in it again once Andrew put it up for "sale". He was looking for some funds to acquire another card and we had agreed on a price but at the last moment he decided to ask if I was interested in another card for the trade. More on that below.

I am more of a fan of the black parallels of Finest but I couldn't pass on finally getting a Lou copy for my collection. Has only been in hand for a week or so and Frankie is already inquiring about it so I might not have it for long. We shall see.


Quad 9.5's and a perfect 10 on auto.


One Forty Two
of
One Forty Nine


. . . so then Andrew asked if I was interested in a Kershaw autograph. Yeah, don't have to ask me twice as long as its at a reasonable price which it was. I actually have this card as this was one of my 1st autographs of Kershaw I was able to obtain back in 2013. To give you an idea how the market has changed I picked that copy up for a mere $13.75. Try to find one at that price now. You can read about that transaction HERE . To make that bargain even better I sent it in to BGS for grading and low and behold it came back as a 9.5 gem. Woo hoo. That recap can be seen HERE .

So do I "need" another one of these? No but I can't have enough Kershaw autographs even if they are duplicates. I ended up sending Andrew a Ozzie Smith autograph to help along the trade and added a little more to the money till. With this card in hand I think it has about a 50/50 chance of earning a gem mint grade from BGS but a mint 9 seems to be a lock. The centering is off a tad. We shall see when they are back in town.

Either way I am happy with the trade and I want to say thank you again to Andrew for making it happen. Hopefully we can do more in the future.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment