Friday, October 2, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Chrome : Julio Urias Base Green Wave Refractor Parallel (2/25) BGS Graded Mint 9.0

 

Unlike most of the this rainbow project there is only one green wave parallel I needed to acquire for Urias. Most of the colors have two variations due to the fact there is a base chrome set version then a draft chrome set version which means most colors have one in each set. Thankfully that is not the case with this green one.

The green wave parallel only came in the main Bowman Chrome set and with it being limited to a scant 25 copies they do not pop up for sale all that often. There are a couple on BIN auctions but they have a high asking price attached to them so when this already graded version went up for sale I was all over it. With it being graded "only" a mint 9 I suspected that would factor into my favor as most people (not all) would prefer a gem mint or nothing at all. Hell, I would like only gems in my collection as well but I am just fine with mints for the rainbow collections and with only 25 copies I couldn't be too picky.

A traditional 7 day auction was ahead of me for this card and I expected a healthy amount of bids and that is exactly what happened. Back and forth the bidding went and after 13 bids mine held up and I won the only green wave that I needed. The mint grade is only .5 from a gem mint grade and I might just resubmit it to see if I could get a bump on it. Either way it's nice to get this one and done card out of the way.


Minty


2 of 25

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment